Guess what? Yesterday I bought myself a new toy - a brand new Audi A4 2.0T Quattro. It was something I've been putting off for a year now -- for reasons including "it's too expensive" or "we don't need it." And with a baby on the way, we might just end up getting a minivan [ouch!].
While I am a hugely practical person, I also believe in "feeding your soul." And in terms of a ride at this stage of my life/career, I just felt that an Audi fit the bill. It is a very safe car [think Volvo] with an unparalleled combination of elegance [think BMW], value and sporty-ness. So I've been eye-ing it ever since the 2006 model came out or everytime I see one [which if quite frequently)] on the Interstate on the way to work.
Then a few days ago, things just seemed to line up: had some extra cash from the sale of my old car back home, an excellent offer just came to market for the 2007 model, and I wanted something personal to celebrate life and fatherhood. So I said why not now? Live in the present. There you go- just manifested the power of the now.
Here is also an entertaining Audi ad:
Sunday, July 01, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment